Friday, May 01, 2009

crappy day

Well, I had a pretty crappy day today. David left for what is to be the start of a very long month of Memorial Services for fallen officers. National Law Enforcement Officer's Memorail Week will begin in a few weeks also. They have a pretty big deal in Washington DC and David goes to that. He has gone now every year for the last 5 or 6 years. I haven't gotten to go yet becasue I have always been busy with the kids. On to other things... I went to Barnhart and looked at a very nice house today. This made me finally decide that I am not going to move out of my school district. We really do like our schools, the twins are going to get to go to Lindbergh Early Childhood Education (ECE) preschool program next year for free so that is just to good to pass up. Where else am I going to get that? Probably no where. We have been in this school district for 7 years now and what happens if we move and i don't like the kids new schools? Then we are just screwed. We would not be able to move again. I have decided to slow down on the house hunting for a while too and let my agent do her hunting. It has consumed my week and last weekend. I am going to really try to take a week off. I haven't found anything I really want to jump up and down for anyway. I am comfortable in my decision in not moving out of our schools though. Before I wanted to move far, far, far away. Now, I will just be glad to find something that meets our requirements. Okay, now on for BIGGER news... Abi is going to be in her first Jazz concert. She will be playing both the trumpet and the french horn in this concert. I am so enormously proud of her. She has not had an easy year but no one ever said middle school was easy. She has learned so many different languages this year and is interested in being and having a foreign exchange student. I told her that my sister was a foreign exchange student to Stuttgart Germany and loved it. I think German might be Abi's favorite too. She does pretty good with speaking it. She is such an awesome kid. Now if I can just get her to understand that she does not need a cell phone or a FB page i will be doing better. I am looking forward to our camp out, sleepover that we are going to do together this summer. Maybe if we get to move before school starts, she could do a sleepover, camp out in our new back yard. Supposing that we actually find a house with a yard. *please GOD*... Well, it's late and I can't think anymore so I am going go go to bed. Tomorrow is goiung to be a better day. I just know it.

No comments: