Saturday, October 18, 2008

my last baby








well, my last baby has turned one. I am on to another season in my life. I am not sure how ready for this new season I am but it was coming someday anyway. It was an awsome day and I day I hope I won't forget to soon. I have a hard time remembering abi's first birthday so I know that I will someday not be able to remember all of the details of this day either. At least I have video and all of the pics to help me remember. I am pretty sure I have video of Abi's first birthday too but since i didn't have a digital camera with video it won't be as easy to find. I made him his favorite spaghetti dinner and then cake but for the twins birthday it will be a vanilla cake. I learned my lesson the hard way that bubba was not ready for chocolate cake yet. And I don't mean his messy face. :) Birthday shopping for him was no picnic. I had ideas last month of what I wanted to get for him and when i went shopping i couldn't remember any of them. The twins were aesy to shop for but Bubba was another story. I had the guy at the store who had a son help me because I couldn't navigate the boy section as well as I have been navigating the girl section for the last 11 years. Of course, Char and Cara both have toys that are not gender specific, it was just for some reason, not as easy as it is usually is. It felt like uncharted teritory. Kind of silly huh? Char and Cara got new Deigo stuff and that's not "girly" toys but when it came to picking stuff out for bubba... I was just drawing a blank. I think too it might be becasue he is only 1 and doesn't really have any preferences yet. Actually he does but I wouldn't have needed to go to the toy store to get it. He loves boxes of kleenex. He loves to pick out the tissues one by one and tear them into tiny little pieces until it looks like it snowed. Then he wants to eat them. He is a very curious little boy huh? :) He probably gets to get into more things like that than I ever let any of the other kids becasue I think I am getting more and more laid back with each child. I want them to get to explore even if it is just a box of tissues. I need to take a pictue of the vortex that Char and Cara made on the living room wall for us. I think they learned about circles last week in school. :) See what happens when you teach your kids stuff. They show you what they can do with it. :) God love um. :) well, gotta go to soccer. :)

No comments: