Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Fourth of July

4th of July 2009


okay so here finally are the pics from the 4th. Click on the Murray pic and it will take you to my picasa album. You don't need to sign up for anything. The last few posts that had only one pic is a link to the picasa album for those pics. Under the pic is the title of the album. It's helping me keep space on my blog here.
The kids had a great time on the fourth. We drove out to Daddy's firework stand he was working in Eureka to get fireworks to go home and set off. Uncle Billy stayed home to help me. Thank goodness he did too because it was not easy to do by myself. I let them do poppers and those little plastic bottle that pop open throw streamer and make a loud pop. Then when we started sparklers, it was getting to be to much to keep everyone from getting to close to each other and the other problem we had was that they now make sparklers on wooden sticks instead of the metal so as the stick was burning, the ends were falling off and I didn't want the pieces to blow onto the kids or fall onto their legs so it was a little nerve racking. I was glad when it was all over and no one got hurt but Uncle billy and that is because he was doing unsafe things like kicking hot tanks off of the stone so he could put a new one down without any shoes on. SMART. After he burnt a few toes, he went in and put on shoes. :) The humidity was so yucky plus I was constantly chasing the kids back into the driveway. A good time was had by all though. Daddy's not working on the 4th next year.

No comments: