Sunday, June 07, 2009

words to live by...

Get in the Word, take hold of the promise to bring growth and change in our lives. Rick Shelton

Dependence must be on God, and not on us. God gives us the authority to control our body, mind, and tongue, but only so He can have free course to work in our lives. Rick Shelton

If we could see the way things were going to turn out in the end, we would not struggle so much with what we're going through. Yet, why does God not allow us to see all the ultimate good that is going to come out of things that we are going through presently? It is because God is requireing us to walk by faith. We are creatures of faith, and faith pleases God. Rick Shelton

God is not going to let you down. He is carrying you through to the end. Rick Shelton

We ask: Who am I ? Why am I here? Where am I going?All of these hinge on who am I in Christ. My life becomes effective by acknowledging who Christ is in me! Rick Shelton

Whatever it is that you're supposed to do in life - whatever challenges you are facing, whatever you've been called to handle today- you are enough and you have enough. God will use whatever you've already got. Don't ever say I can't, or I'm not going to make it. Those thoughts are contradicting to the very fact that God is the One who has given you purpose and plans for your life and, placed you where you are! Rick Shelton
Wow, i really needed this one. I am enough. That's a hard one to keep saying to yourself.

God has given you everything you need. Confess His word and not your doubts, not your unbelief. Say, 'Yes, I can because God has made me. And God is the One who has put me here!' You see, God is a providential God. This means He goes ahead of you and provides ahead of time what you're going to need when you get there, because He's the One who has designed for you to go there. Rick Shelton


I am really struggling right now and needed to here these words. Sometimes I wonder if the choices we make for our family are self motivated or God's plan for us. I can only just keep praying that the decissions we make are the right ones. I also know that if they were what God wanted me to do, they wouldn't stress me out so much. I need to have more trust and faith in my decisions and in God and his plan for us.

No comments: